Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hi Everyone! Welcome to our blog!! Since I moved from Iowa, I have apparently done a crappy job of staying up to date with my friends and extended family because I have heard from a lot of people that I need to join Facebook or My Space. Well, that isn’t going to happen so this is the next best thing I can offer. You see, I work at a desk all day long, looking at a computer and talking on the phone-often at the same time. There lies the dilemma, when I get home the last thing I want to do is… talk on the phone or be in front of the computer. Now I say that with an open invitation that I will answer the phone if you call me… so that doesn’t mean that I won’t do it….I am just not good a volunteering for it. And I can safely say that Bruce just isn’t into the posting blog thing. This is our opportunity to update mass parties of the minor...and I suppose major (although there isn’t many) happenings of our lives. Since September of 2007, we really haven’t had a lot of major happenings. Some of the minor ones though have been a lot of fun! Hopefully this blog will help us do a better job of keeping you all update on the exciting and unexciting parts of our lives.

Some of the big ones….

Kaden Schremmer- Son of James and Janna Schremmer. We were blessed with the opportunity to be his Godparents. He was baptized on February 3, 2008 and he did so well and we can’t be more proud to be his Godparents.






















Vegas!!!- We took a trip to Las Vegas at the beginning of April for a mini vacation. We went with our great friends, Tom & Stacey Wray and Mike Wondra. We had a blast! With the exception of the sunburns Mike and I got from sitting by the pool for 1 ½ hours! We didn’t count how much we lost but it wasn’t much at all. I think we broke even when you include the $40 that Bruce won at roulette!! We saw Wayne Brady in his live show and he is a funny guy. If in fact his show is as impromptu as he advertises it is…he is a genius!! And of course, no trip would be complete without a trip to Margarittaville!!

Iowa State Vs. Kansas State Men’s Basketball Game- In March we joined the Kehrt family for a weekend of Fun and Basketball. The Kehrt family did allow Bruce to bring reinforcements for the KSU cheering section. Mike Wondra joined us for the family fun and apparently has becomes a surrogate son to my Mom & Dad! They love him!!! It turned out the Bruce didn’t need any reinforcements of fans. Hilton Magic was on vacation and Michael Beasley took care of things just fine. Good thing is…Beasley is on to the NBA and there is two more games next year! I stole this picture from Noels Blog... thanks Noel!


In February I took a trip to Cedar Rapids to see my brother Noel, his wife Stacey and their daughters Mara & Ellen. Stacey and I went out for some girl time on Friday night and we spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with the girls. Mara is a smart little thing and we had a lot of fun playing. She is learning new words and I was impressed with her memory- like an elephant! Ellen did the best she has ever done around me. When I first got there, she ran right up to me and gave me a hug. I would love to believe that this is because she missed me and loves her Aunt Sara more than any one else…but I know the truth… Uncle Bruce was gone so that is the closest she is getting to him that weekend. You see, I have to watch my back around her… She loves Bruce and I sometimes wonder if she won’t lock me in a closet sometime so she can have Bruce to herself!


Our calendar is filling up fast with fun weekend activities and we are gearing up for summer. I am sick of winter and ready for warm weather. Bruce has vowed to make the backyard our major updating project on the house. The people that lived there before us got really excited to start big projects and apparently lost steam and took the easy way out… which leads me to another invitation…. If any of you are interested in any river rock or lava rock…let us know… we have plenty of BOTH!!! Heck, we will even give it to you for FREE!!!

No comments: