We made it to one year!! Our anniversary as all of you probably know was Monday September 8th. We celebrated the day with dinner a Lidia's italian restaurant. It was a great meal. Bruce even surprised me with flowers, which were dual purpose for my birthday too!!! A year ago I had invisioned us at dinner and then coming home to further celebrate with a bottle of wine from our wedding day. Since we both had to work the next day AND little O isn't old enough to drink yet :) Bruce had a glass with his dinner and I celebrated with a Sprite! Oh how a year changes things :) We had a wonderful anniversary and are still as happy today as we were then. although our celebratory activities have changed dramatically in the last 6 months :) :)
We had another appointment this week. Little O is measuring exactly on where he/she needs to be. We saw Cindy the nurse practitioner at this appointment. We really like her because she is very laid back and we can depend on her to answer all of our questions honestly. She does not hold back in anyway. We get to see Dr. Smith again at next month's appointment. We are very fortunate to have a doctor and nurse practitioner that we really like. Cindy said that Little O is progressing perfectly! That is always a relief. I was given another 4 weeks of travel because everything is going so well. However, in 4 weeks, we are done going anywhere for a while. These appointments are pretty quick, so there is more waiting around then there is appointment. We have been making a lot of meetings lately for daycare interviews, pediatrician interviews, and birth preparation classes. It is getting exciting the closer we get to Little O's arrival!!
If feels like we have been busy the last couple of weeks but we haven't been up to much. Both Bruce and I have been busy at work. Bruce is traveling a little bit here and there but home much more than he used to be. Which is really nice! I have been busy at work as well. I was promoted to a Claims Manager as of September 1st, which means I will no longer be adjusting work comp claims but instead will be the manager of a team of adjusters. I am officially and unofficially in my new position. My title has changed but they have not found a replacement for my adjuster duties. So in the meantime, I and doing 100% of my adjusting duties and everyday I seem to get more team manager duties... hopefully we will find a replacement soon and I can get onto my management duties. One of my first events as a manager is to attend our Team Manager meetings in Las Vegas September 15-17th. So it is a good thing I was given 4 more weeks of travel :)
There is not a lot to report after that. We are going to Claflin to a wedding this weekend for one of Bruce's friends. This will also give us one more chance to get there and spend time at Bruce's parent's home before little O gets here.
No comments:
Post a Comment