This weekend has been a lot of fun! My KC friends held a baby shower for me this weekend and we had our friends Justin, Sara, & their daughter Claire in town for the event. The shower was fun. We received a lot of things we are going to need for Little O's arrival. Thank you for everyone that attended and of course for the hostesses for the work they did to put the shower on. Since I am not a "game player" when it comes to showers, the hostesses did a fun craft project instead. The guests made Little O personalized onsies with fabric paints their own creativity. It was a fun project and Little O now has some pretty cool onsies to wear!!
Justin & Sara's daughter, Claire is 18 months old. She is mobile now so it was a great opportunity for Bruce and I to see what we need to get rid of or at least put out of hands of small children... we actually did pretty good... or Claire kept occupied with enough other stuff that she didn't notice. We spent Saturday night with them and our friend Stacey Wray, catching up and enjoying the wonderful weather. James, Janna, & Kaden stopped by with a gift of necessities for Little O and we got to spend some time with them as well. It is always great to see our out of town friends when we get the chance.
Little O is doing well. His/her kicking/punching is much more defined in the last couple of weeks. Since we are in our 3rd trimester, Dr Smith told us to start counting fetal movements. She wants 10 kicks in 8 hours... Bruce and I looked at her and laughed...we can get that in 5 minutes on most evenings! I saw the dietitian this week for my Gestational Diabetes and starting my blood sugar monitoring and strict diet. This is not your typical diet--it is geared around the when and how much aspect of eating carbohydrates/sugars. The kinds food I can eat is based on the food guide pyramid-- which in my opinion is the best way to "diet". The diet and monitoring is really one of the hardest things I have ever done...it is a lot of discipline and a whole lot of meal planning. We see the parinatologist this week to find out how Little O is progressing and make sure that everything is still going well. We are doing everything we should, so we hope Little O is doing just fine... more precautionary than anything else.

I tried to do a better job of taking pictures this weekend...for those of you that keep telling me to post more pictures...this is the best I can do so get used to it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment