Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

We stayed in town this year for the 4th of July. Usually, we go back home to Belmond/Clear Lake. Bruce was "distraught" about missing the Belmond parade but we decided it was best to stay home this weekend. For me, it was bittersweet, I had a lot of fun but at the same time, felt like I should have been somewhere else.

The weekend started on Thursday night. Dierks Bentley (country singer) held a free concert downtown at the power and light district. My "surrogate" husband, Mike Wondra was back home in Claflin for harvest so Bruce had to go with me. It was a good time and I quickly learned that when you don't drink for more than a year, you can't do it and feel good the next day. Emerson treated me well on Friday by agreeing to take two naps with Mommy. One of my very favorite things is when Em and I lay on the couch and take a nap together. She won't do that very often anymore so it was really nice!
We went to the "Brome Road Bash" for the actual 4th of July. It was a party on Troy & Robin's street. There were several of Bruce's extended family present since Bruce & Troy's cousin lives on the same street. There didn't seem to be a recession problem with all the fireworks that were bought and shot off throughout the entire day. Emerson had a blast all day. The fireworks and tons of people didn't bother her even a little bit. She jumped a few times when the "boomer" fireworks went off but didn't cry once. We had a lot of fun!




Uncle Jim & Emerson


Look! I can sit up all on my own!!!!


Uncle Jim & Bruce enjoying a beverage.




Emerson had to take a bit of a siesta to gear up for the nighttime fireworks!

No comments: