Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nothing New...

I would like to say we have a ton to report since it has been a few weeks since our last post...but I would be lying. Emerson is having a blast at daycare. All of the kids get excited when she gets there in the morning. Marijanne calls her "angelic"...go figure...our kid?!?! But yep that pretty much describes her. She found a buddy in Rick. He could hold her all day and she would let him. But Marijanne makes them take time out for eating, sleeping, playing, and tummy time. She is starting to show off on how well she can hold her head up. She still loses control a little but before we know it she will be holding it up all on her own!

We have been taking it easy the last couple of weeks. We purchased furniture for our basement a couple of weeks ago. Last weekend we set out to enjoy a family rivalry evening while watching K-State Vs. Iowa State Basketball. It didn't turn out quite how we planned. About 1/2 time, I thought I was going to be sick. So I gave Emerson to Bruce and proceeded to use the bathroom for that very purpose. After 3 more trips to the upstairs bathroom to get sick in the next 30 minutes (didn't want to use the basement bathroom and gross out our guest), I decided I better go to bed. My body continued to expel its contents for the next 13 hours and Bruce's followed suit. Sunday morning after I asked God to just let it end (and he said no) Robin came to rescue Emerson and off to the ER we went. After a few bags of saline to rehydrate our bodies and a few doses of antinausea meds, they let us go home to sleep for the next two days. I doubt they gave us the family discount! Thank heavens for The DeSoto Oberle's and Leon & Judy for coming to Emerson's rescue. She luckily did not get the stomach virus and aside from a cold is wonderful. To prove it, here are some pics! Disregard the black mark on her forehead - she is a child of God and it is Ash Wednesday!

Disco Fever- Bring it on John Travolta!!




Our little Angel!

Dancing the night away!

No comments: