Friday, March 27, 2009

Picture Heavy Post

So it has been a while since we updated you all on our completely awesome kid!
Lets start off with the most important piece of information. Emerson is sleeping through the night!!! Her first night was last Tuesday night...St. Paddy's day...no she did not have too much to drink. Bruce was on a business trip boozing it up with my brother Chad and sister-in-law Rox. Emerson was up every three hours the night before. At 4am on St. Paddy's morning she decided we both needed to be up for the day. That evening, just prior to delirium due to sleep deprivation ,she fell asleep at 8:30 and slept until 6:30 the next morning. Now, I have heard that you are supposed to freak out the first night it happens. I never freaked out. I did, however, get up several times thinking she had to be getting hungry anytime...when I went into check on her, she was fast asleep every time...then I spent the next several minutes discussing with myself whether I should go back to bed and get up in 15 minutes when she was hungry or just stay up...I chose to go back to bed.
For the most part, she sleeps on her left side with one hand on the mattress and her left thumb in her mouth. It is absolutely adorable! But, considering she is our kid, so I don't see how she wouldn't be adorable.


Other very awesome notables... She is rolling over from her back to her tummy! Now this is a talent that she has chosen not to show Mommy and Daddy yet, the babysitter has seen it on a few occasions. She has found her voice...again, pretty damn cute. She will sit by herself and coo/talk to herself. She also has found her hands and prefers that they be in her mouth. The funniest may when she sees herself in the mirror...it is a look of "hey there is only room for one dictator in this family...you in front of me...out!"



Bruce and I are both very good! Both busy at work but that is the usual. We did get to enjoy some adult time last weekend when our friends Andrea & Jason Kidd came down from Omaha and went to the NCAA tournament with us. Emerson spent the day with cousin Maggie and Uncle Troy and Aunt Robin. She had a blast and so did we!


Dad- get the camera out of my face, the basketball game is on!



It is hard to catch this smile on camera...but well worth the effort!





No comments: