We have been traveling fools the last couple of weeks and it has been great! Last weekend we took a mini-vacation and headed back to Clear Lake, Iowa to Mom and Dad Kehrt's house. We had a blast! It was great to be back in Iowa again :) It is amazing how good home feels....yes, Iowa will always be home to me... We were able to spend 4 days there and it wasn't long enough. Thursday the girls went shopping and Bruce and Dad hit the golf course. Later in the evening we went downtown to a band that was playing on main street. We had a good time listening to the band and watching the kids and one guy, that had partaken in one (or 10) too many adult beverages, dance the night away. Emerson loves music and being outside so she had so much fun!
Friday Mom and Emerson spent some quality time together while Bruce, Dad, and I went golfing. I have golfed since I was a little kid (although after all these years, my score really hasn't changed much ...huh?!?). Bruce golfed in high school but got away from the game in college and beyond. I have tried many times to get him back in the game but with no avail. Now a couple more of his close friends are getting into the game and my dad gave him his old set of clubs. Bruce has again picked it up...which is great! EXCEPT now we have a kid and someone has to stay home with Emerson...getting Bruce back into the game really didn't work quite how I had planned! But I am excited about it all the same. I can't wait to get Emerson her own little set of clubs :) :) Anyway, I digress....after golfing we were able to get onto the lake for a little bit. This was Emerson's FIRST boat ride....she was very intriqued with it all. She had fun looking at all the water and the trees. She didn't mind her lifevest at all...in fact, it also served as her teething ring! My brother and his family joined us that evening. It was good to see them and the girls LOVED playing with Emerson and she had fun with them too. They played hard and had a lot of fun together.
Saturday the girls went down to the Art "Sail" in the park. It was fun and we were able to find a few things that will go well in the Jimmy Buffett Livingroom in our basement. We did some swimming in the pool and just hanging out. We topped off Saturday night by going back downtown to "dixiefest" which is a couple of bands playing music in the park... the kids had fun and the adults had fun watching the kids! It was such a fun weekend to see family and be at the lake. It was a great weekend and I know we wish there were more summer left so we could get back there again...not sure if it will happen. Here are some pics of the weekend.
This is not from the weeked...but it is THAT funny!
Hanging with Grandpa Kehrt
The first of MANY outings on the lake!
Listening to the bands with Grandma Kehrt!
Obviously something was VERY funny :)
The Kehrt entourage ready for the Art Sail!!!
Grandma & Grandpa's little girls!
Grandpa & Emerson after a dip in the pool!
No comments:
Post a Comment