Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Weekend in Iowa

We traveled to Clear Lake this weekend to spend a weekend with the Kehrt/Thompson family. We all invaded my parents home for another fun-packed weekend. We did miss Josh and Jake as they weren't able to make it. My cousin Brandon graduated from high school and Grandma Jean underwent open heart surgery last week. Great reasons to go home and see everyone!
Grandma is doing great and went home on Sunday. We did get to go see her on Saturday. She is looking great and we continue to wish her a very speedy recovery! Love you Gram!!!
Saturday night we headed to Belmond to Brandon's graduation party. It was a great time! There was a lot of family that we don't get to see often enough and I was able to briefly reconnect with some high school friends. It is crazy to believe that he is old enough to graduate high school already! Congratulations Brandon!!! I have a hard time calling him Brandon as he has had a certain nickname since he was just little guy. I know I have clearance to call him that, just not sure I have clearance to post it!!! Love you Brandon! Emerson did get to see a real life cow for the first time! Although she and Daddy weren't so excited about the smell that follows the cows. We didn't let her get too close as they kept looking at her as if she was lunch!

Sunday we were able to get on Mom & Dad's new boat before we left. It is a huge upgrade from the last boat. They have given up horsepower for comfort, which I am completely ok with! It is a great boat and we can't wait to spend more time on it this summer. We will be back in Clear Lake in just a couple weeks so hopefully it will be warm enough to get out on the water!!!


Emerson visiting the cows!



Grandpa and some of his grandkids that were able to make the party. How did I get stuck with the short genes?!?


Lunch on the new boat!


Emerson & Aunt Stacey on the boat! She hates the life vest -- too bad

Emerson and the Graduate!!




The balloons were a hit with the kids!!!

No comments: